Maida - 2 cups
dry yeast - 1 tsp
sugar 2 table spoon
butter - 1/4 cup
salt - a pinch
warm milk - 1/2 cup
- mix the dry yeast, sugar and 1½ tbsp of lukewarm water in a small bowl tll the sugar dissolves well. cover and keep aside for half an hour
- In another bowl, mix the milk and butter keep aside.
- mix maida and salt in another dish.
- Now add the frothy mixture of yeast and sugar to the dry maida and mix well
- Gradually add the milk-butter mixture to the maida mixture and knead to a soft and loose consistency. Add a little milk if the dough is tight.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to make the dough smooth and elastic.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll into a thick roti.
- Then with the help of a donut cutter cut them into circles with a small circle in the middle (see pic) . I dont have a cutter and so used the sharp lid of a small circular metal box and the lid of a medicine bottle( pudinhara)
- Now lay the cut circles on a greased plate or butter paper and allow them to rest for two hours . Cover them with a lid.
- Affter 2 hours, deep fry the donuts in hot oil .
- Drain them on an absorbent paper.
- While warm, dip the donuts in the chocolate syrup and decorate them with rainbow sprinkles or other toppings of your choice like choco chips or powdered sugar etc.
To make chocolate syrup
Melt the butter lightly, to this add the icing sugar and mix well till they blend, slowly add some cocoa powder and blend again till the lumps dissolve, add little warm milk to help blend into a syrupy consistency if thick.